Skip to main content
Earn Your Bilingual Authorization in Spanish or Mandarin

What does it take for you to become a dual-language instructor?


September 1, 2022

4:00 - 4:30 p.m. 

Register at

Are you interested in using your language abilities to teach dual-language students? If you’re proficient in Spanish or Mandarin and you want to teach in a dual immersion environment or bilingual classroom, this online three-term, nine-unit program will help prepare you to provide instruction to English learners. Your bilingual authorization will help prepare you to guide, instruct and address the needs of English language learners in a wide variety of settings. Note that if you’re a post-credential applicant, you must hold a valid single subject, multiple subject, or education specialist credential at the time of application.

Become a Teacher

So you want to become a teacher?

HUSD, in partnership with institutions of higher education, offers a variety of programs to help you get on the path of becoming a certificated educator. Click on the below partnerships to learn more!

HUSD is in proud sponsorship with: