Inclusive Classroom Environment
Check out the ideas below for ways to intentionally plan for inclusive learning environments. This page was created during virtual learning, and all of the ideas here can also be used for in-person learning.
We create more safety for all students, staff and families when we intentionally post diverse and positive images on our classroom walls and digital landing pages, create norms/agreements with inclusive language and integrate the histories of people with diverse identities. Thank you for your efforts to build an inclusive HUSD community and set a positive tone this school year!
Report Bullying or Harassment HERE
Support for LGTQ+ Youth
- LBGTQ+ Community Resources
- Side by Side Groups (local Hayward organization)
- TrevorSpace Groups Gender Spectrum Groups
- GLSEN Pronoun Guide
- Videos: Importance of Acknowledging Pronouns
- Article: What do you mean that you go by "they" pronouns?
- Article: Thanks to the "Singular 'They'"
- Inclusive Classroom Resource Doc Inclusive Images for your Bitmoji Classroom
- One World Posters
- Facing History and Ourselves - Building Classroom Community Back-to-School Toolkit
- 11 ways to go back to school with anti-bias education
- Welcoming Schools - Inclusion, Bias-based Bullying Prevention and more! ADL - Bullying and Cyberbullying Prevention
- How to Respond to Coronavirus Racism Teaching
- Tolerance The Gender Unicorn
- The Trevor Project
- Teaching LGBTQ History Lessons - (grades K-12)
- One Archives Foundation - LGBTQ History Lesson Plans (grades 8-11) California History-Social Science Project - LGBT History