Seeking New Committee Members
Ready to get involved in your local community? Measure A Application
We are seeking candidates for a two or three year term for the following representation:
- Active in the business community located within the boundaries of HUSD
- Parent or guardian of a child enrolled in an HUSD Elementary School
- Parent or guardian of a child enrolled in an HUSD Secondary School
- Active in senior citizens' organization
- Active in faith-based organization within the boundaries of HUSD
We are also seeking one candidate each to represent the following collective bargaining units:
All meetings will be open to the public.
Please download and complete an application for committee membership consideration today.
SENIOR CITIZENS TAX EXEMPTION for TAX YEAR 2017-2018
To qualify for the Senior Exemptions from the Parcel Tax, you must meet both of the following requirements:
- turn 65 years old prior to July 1, 2017
- own and occupy your property as your primary residence.
An exemption application from a qualified applicant will provide an exemption for that tax year only.
However, qualified applicants will not be required to resubmit their exemption application for future tax
years provided 1) the property was exempt in the immediately previous tax year, and 2) they continue to
own and occupy the property. On an annual basis, the District will verify and renew existing exemptions
and, if necessary, confirm with the original applicant that they continue to own and occupy the property.
How to apply for a Senior Exemption
Applications are available: Measure A Senior Citizen Exemption
Call the Parcel Tax Administrator at (800) 273-5167 for application by mail
Hayward Unified School District - 24411 Amador Street
Hayward Area Senior Center - 22325 North Third Street
Hayward Main Library - 835 C Street
Weekes Branch Library - 27300 Patrick Avenue
Complete the Measure A Parcel Tax Senior Citizen Exemption Application and include
the following documentation (copies only):
- Proof of ownership (property tax bill)
- Proof of residence (utility bill)
- Proof of birth date (driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport)
Mail the application and required documentation no later than Friday, June 30, 2017 to:
Attention: Measure A Exemption
c/o Parcel Tax Administrator
4745 Mangels Boulevard
Fairfield, CA 94534