Welcome to HUSD's Purchasing Web Page. Please use the menu to the left.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for overseeing the purchasing activities of the Hayward Unified School District in accordance with all applicable Federal and State statutes and District regulations. Responsibilities of the Purchasing Department include purchasing or contracting for all supplies, materials, equipment and contractual services required by the sites and departments. Responsibilities also include District Movers and Warehouse activities, Mailroom services and managing the proper disposal of surplus items.
It is the policy of the governing board to support the concepts set forth in the Purchasing Code of Ethics (California Association Public School Business Officials Handbook of Public School Purchasing, 1963):
1. To regard Public Service as a sacred trust, giving primary consideration to the interests of the school district
by which we are employed.
2. To purchase without any personal interest, private advantage or prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum
benefit for each tax dollar expended.
3. To avoid unfair practices, giving all qualified vendors an equal opportunity.
4. To respect our obligation and to require that obligations to us and our school district be respected.
5. To accord vendor representatives the same courteous treatment we would like to receive.
6. To strive constantly for improvement of purchasing methods and of the materials we buy.
7. To counsel and assist fellow purchasing agents in the performance of their duties, whenever occasion
8. To conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity and to demand honesty and truth in buying and selling.
9. To cooperate with all organizations and individuals engaged in enhancing the development and standing of
the Purchasing Profession.
10. To remember that everything we do reflects on the school district, and to govern our every action