Hayward Unified School District's Food Services Department is dedicated to providing nutritious meals to all students. Our mission is to provide nutritious meals in support of education. Fuel for School is our vehicle to communicate to students, staff, parents and the community healthy meals mean ready minds. Our role, and our goal, is to assist children on the road to success in the classroom.
We serve meals that meet the nutritional requirements set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture and also appeal to the taste preferences of our students.
We are proud of our accomplishments:
- Homemade pizza - pepperoni, cheese, Hawaiian and garlic-chicken - are just some of the varieties offered daily.
- Grab and Go is the concept we've perfected to limit the time students spend in line.
- Garden bars at all elementary sites have proven successful in increasing the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diets of even our youngest students.
- Just-In-Time food service method has been adopted to guarantee food is freshly made just before serving time.
- A variety of fresh fruit is offered daily to Middle and High School students as a part of their lunch.
- White milk is served with all lunches to minimize the sugar intake of our students and help them develop a taste for drinking milk with meals.
In accordance with Federal law and U. S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D. C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.